Wednesday, December 21, 2011

PRODUCT REVIEW: The SingeTrak (TM) dog pack by Ruffwear

The SingleTrak(TM) is the pack I've been looking for!












Mickey, my GSD/Beagle mix, is very muscular and I have a hard time finding equipment that fits him well. He is 20" tall (at the withers), 20.5" long (back of neck to base of tail), with a 26" girth, and he weighs 48#.

I've tried other backpacks and they are too long, the pockets come down too far, or he looks like a packmule with the smallest of items stored inside them.

Not so, the SingleTrak! It fits him perfectly :) In addition to the water bladders, there is room for a 1 or 2# barbell in each of the large pockets for extra workout potential. I haven't figured out what (if anything) I would put in the smaller pockets...

I wasn't sure about the color when I ordered it, but I love the orange/grey combination now. The reflective trim is great; it would be difficult for someone not to see a dog wearing this pack, even in lower light.

The only con is that the straps don't stay properly adjusted. After a week of stopping every few yards to tighten the straps so the pack didn't shift from side to side, I finally gave up and bought stick-on Velcro dots to attach to the straps in order to keep them adjusted correctly.

The SingleTrak (TM) Pack is available online through RuffWear and may be available at local retail outlets, such as PetPeople.

No comments:

Post a Comment