Wednesday, December 21, 2011

PRODUCT REVIEW: Snuggle Safe (TM) Microwave Heating Pad with Cover

My Chihuahua, Mo, is getting older and has had some medical issues, so I decided to find something to help him stay warm this winter. When I found the Snuggle Safe (TM) Microwave Heating Pad with Cover ($26.99 at Jeffers Pets), I thought I had hit the mother lode.

I love the fact that the Snuggle Safe (TM) heats in the microwave instead of having an electrical cord. My concerns that it would be too hot when first heated were unfounded. As promised, it stays warm for 10+ hours without reheating.

Unfortunately, Mo does not love the Snuggle Safe (TM). I can't say that I blame him. It is hard as a brick! He wanted nothing to do with it, even when I layered several of his favorite soft and fluffy blankets over top of it.

This would be the perfect thing if only it were soft and pliable. As it is, I will probably donate it to my local shelter; perhaps they can use it to warm newborn puppies and kittens who aren't as picky as my Mo...

No comments:

Post a Comment